What’s your daily routine like?
Some might respond with “like a broken record” and that’s okay. Maybe you’re one among the demographic of professionals hitting a 9-to-5 work day, sitting all day long in a non-ergonomic office chair in front of a non-adjustable desk which offers little to no clearance for your knees and legs to stretch beneath it.
Well, your daily work routine is still better than having no work routine at all. At least you’re cashing in enough to good value of money comes payday.
Photo source: Pixabay user: Unsplash
If days come where you find yourself staring at a blank wall, or your computer screen, yearning for a life beyond your work terminal — traveling the exotic lands, you’ll get to it eventually. Soon you’ll be able to get a good grasp of the work-life balance you desire.
For the meantime, here are among the most inspirational travel quotes to keep your inner adventurous self alive and thirsty to circle the world. Also, motivate you to work hard to achieve the life you want to live.
- “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.” – Mark Twain
- “NOT I – NOT ANYONE else, can travel that road for you, You must travel it for yourself.” – Walt Whitman
- “We travel, initially, to lose ourselves; and we travel, next to find ourselves. We travel to open our hearts and eyes and learn more about the world than our newspapers will accommodate. We travel to bring what little we can, in our ignorance and knowledge, to those parts of the globe whose riches are differently dispersed. And we travel, in essence, to become young fools again- to slow time down and get taken in, and fall in love once more.” – Pico Iyer
- “A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.” – Lao Tzu
- “To awaken alone in a strange town is one of the pleasantest sensations in the world.” – Freya Stark
- Please be a traveler, not a tourist. Try new things, meet new people, and look beyond what’s right in front of you. Those are the keys to understanding this amazing world we live in. – Andrew Zimmern
- “Once a year, go some place you’ve never been before.” – Dalai Lama
- “Adventure is a path. Real adventure – self-determined, self-motivated, often risky – forces you to have firsthand encounters with the world. The world the way it is, not the way you imagine it. Your body will collide with the earth and you will bear witness. In this way you will be compelled to grapple with the limitless kindness and bottomless cruelty of humankind – and perhaps realize that you yourself are capable of both. This will change you. Nothing will ever again be black-and-white.” – Mark Jenkins
- “Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry, but by demonstrating that all peoples cry, laugh, eat, worry, and die, it can introduce the idea that if we try and understand each other, we may even become friends.” – Maya Angelou
- “If you wish to travel far and fast, travel light. Take off all your envies, jealousies, unforgiveness, selfishness, and fears.” – Glenn Clark
- “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine
- “Travel changes you. As you move through this life and this world you change things slightly, you leave marks behind, however small. And in return, life – and travel – leaves marks on you. Most of the time, those marks – on your body or on your heart – are beautiful. Often, though, they hurt.” – Anthony Bourdain
- “I was not born for one corner. The whole world is my native land.” – Seneca
- “Our happiest moments as tourists always seem to come when we stumble upon one thing while in pursuit of something else.” – Lawrence Block
- “The saddest journey in the world is the one that follows a precise itinerary. Then you’re not a traveler. You’re a fucking tourist.” – Guillermo del Toro
- “The more you read, the more things you will know. The more you learn, the more places you’ll go.” – Dr. Seuss
- “To my mind, the greatest reward and luxury of travel is to be able to experience everyday things as if for the first time, to be in a position in which almost nothing is so familiar it is taken for granted.” – Bill Bryson
- “Then you’re trapped in your lovely nest, and the things you used to own, now they own you.” – Chuck Palahniuk
- “Do not stop thinking of life as an adventure. You have no security unless you can live bravely, excitingly, imaginatively, unless you can choose a challenge instead of a competence.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of other’s opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.” — Steve Jobs
- “Stories allow us to travel, time and again, outside the circumscribed spaces of what we believe and what we think possible. It is these journeys – sometimes tenuous, sometimes exhilarating – that inspire and steel us to navigate uncharted territories in real life.” — Elizabeth Svoboda
Today, you may be living a hell of a life. Today, work hard so tomorrow, you can go and be some place else, live the life you want with little to no worries.
What’s your favorite travel quote? Share it with us!
About Chie Suarez
Chie Suarez sails from the PH and enjoys travelling with her family and dog. She found her passion for travelling quite late, not to mention she writes for Kims Luxury Accomodation & Romantic Getaways in Toowoon Bay NSW Australia.