Application forms will be released in the month of January 2018
Common Law Admission Test is one of the popular law entrance exams which are conducted by 18 national law universities on rotation basis. It is a national level entrance exam for candidates who seek admission in integrated LLB and LLM program. Each year, entrance exam is conducted on second Sunday in the month of May. The scores of entrance exam are accepted by various private law colleges and government institutes and colleges across the country.
- The online application forms will be released in the month of January 2018
- Last date to fill and submit the application form will fall in the month of March 2018
- The admit card will be issued in the month of April 2018
- The exam will be conducted in the month of May 2018
- Answer key will be published in the third week of May 2018
- Result will be issued in the 4th week of May 2018
- Application form for the entrance exam can be filled through online mode only.
- The application form will be available on the official website of the exam conducting authority in the first week of January 2018
- The candidates will have to firstly register them by creating an account using their e-mail id.
- At the time of filling the application form, candidates will be required to fill the order of preference of the colleges.
- The candidates are then required to upload the scanned images of photograph and signatures in the prescribed format
- No hard copy of filled in application form is required to be sent to the office of the exam conducting authority
- The application fee for the entrance exam for the candidates of the general category is Rs.4000
- The application fee for the entrance exam for the candidates of the reserved category is Rs.3500
For under graduate courses-
- The upper age limit of the candidate should not be more than 20 years as on 1 July 2018 for general candidates and 22 years for the reserved categories.
- The candidates will be considered as eligible if he/she has cleared class 12th examination with minimum of 45% marks for general candidates and 40% marks in aggregate for candidates of reserved categories. Candidates appearing in 12th class can also apply for the CLAT entrance exam
For post graduate courses-
- The candidates are required to have cleared LLB or equivalent course from a recognized university
- The minimum marks to be scored by candidate in order to get eligible for the entrance exam in qualifying exam is 55% marks in aggregate for the candidates of general category and 50% marks in aggregate for the candidates of reserved categories.
- Candidates appearing in the final year that is 5th year of the graduation which is LLM are also eligible to apply for the entrance exam
There is no prescribed age limit as to maximum age limit for post graduate courses under this entrance exam.