A detailed guide to Emirates ID
It’s the rule; all legal residents of the UAE need to have a valid Emirates ID card. It’s an electronic means to your identification and approval from the EIDA that it has accepted you being a legal part of the Emirati population. Eligibility for Emirates ID in Abu Dhabi requires an individual to be above 15 years.
The digital ID card bearing a chip features sophisticated technology to ensure safety of the citizens from identification theft and other such issues. The card bears an ID number that addresses every individual as per their personal and biological lifetime data. The number also serves as a means of legal transaction associated to government as well as some private organisations.
The reason of inserting a chip in the ID cards is the possibility of it replacing other identification means such as health card, driving license, labour permit, shopping and so on. Emirates ID in Abu Dhabi is your gateway to move around the UAE legally and the card is mandatory for actual residents of the region
Whether a national or expatriate above the age of 15 years, the only way to earn a lawful living in the UAE is by Enrolment for the Population Register and ID Card Program. This is necessary even for children below 15 years who’re subjected to obtain legal ID card under guardian’s consent.
The card is necessary for GCC citizens, expatriates and all legal residents of the UAE. If an individual falls directly in any of the category, submission of solo or group applications to apply for the emirates ID card are accepted. All members of the applications must belong to the same family or fall under the same sponsor for instance labours under the same company sponsorship.
Issuance of the new Emirates ID card
Steps to submit an application are;
- An applicant may complete online application form or simply pay a visit to the government accredited Typing Centre and apply for the service.
- Pay the ID card fee in full at the time of submission of the application.
- Your appointment or booking slot would be imprinted on the application form followed by a confirmation message that will be sent on applicant’s mobile number.
Steps for biometric confirmation
- For Emirates ID in Abu Dhabi, the UAE, GCC nationals and residents, there’re dedicated Registration Centres whereas Preventative Medical Centres are for expatriates that must be visited on the appointment date.
- Emirates ID representative at the centre are tasked with gather the biometric data that includes fingerprint scans and picture.
- An SMS will be sent on the registered number over confirmation of the enrolment.
Steps to collect the new ID card
- An SMS would be sent on the applicant’s registered mobile number by Emirates Identity Authority, confirming that the card has been printed and ready for delivery.
- Pickup or collection location of the card would also be texted which is likely to be any of the Emirates Post
- You can easily collect the card from the location
And this is how you can successfully hold emirates ID in Abu Dhabi!